The Core Infrastructure and Security Management (CISM) plan from Ideal Technologies, Inc. is a managed IT services offering tailored for small businesses which provide proactive monitoring and protection of your businesses servers, workstations, and network, allowing for Ideal Technologies technicians to be alerted about, and provide remediation for problems with your infrastructure before they become complex liabilities.
The CISM plan is the base plan for all of Ideal Technologies’ managed IT services plans and was designed to provide robust protection for the IT equipment which your business relies on daily. The CISM service includes the following components;
Device Monitoring provides constant monitoring of your business servers and/or workstations, monitoring system health including disk health and usage, CPU health and utilization, and RAM utilization. We monitor your system required services and processes, ensuring that needed services and processes are always running and we monitor event logs to identify issues before they cause downtime. We also monitor system security to ensure only authorized access is allowed and to identify and provide remediation for any suspicious activity. Server and Workstation monitoring features the following monitoring and checks, all of which can be customized to your specific needs;
- CPU Utilization and Health – CPU utilization and health checks monitor the performance of your systems CPU, tracking the utilization and temperature of your systems’ most critical component and alerting in the event that CPU usage is high, which could be an indication of a problem with a system service or process.
- Disk Health and Usage – Your system drive health is checked daily using Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology (S.M.A.R.T.) to check for drive errors and alert in the event your system drive is failing. Our disk usage monitoring alerts in the event that system space is getting low, in addition to watching for anomalies for disk usage which could indicate malware.
- RAM Utilization – RAM utilization monitoring gives insight into how much memory your system is using, allowing for the recommendation of RAM upgrades in the event system performance requires. Additionally, RAM monitoring alerts in the event that RAM utilization is consistently high, which could indicate a problem with a system process or service, or could indicate malware.
- Systems Service Monitoring – Systems service monitoring allows IdealMSP to ensure that the services necessary for your servers and workstations are running when you need them. In the event a service stops or is not started, our monitoring system automatically tries to restart the service, and if restart fails we are alerted so we can investigate the problem.
- Systems Process Monitoring – Much like systems service monitoring, process monitoring allows IdealMSP to ensure that the necessary processes are running on your systems. It also allows us to monitor your system for potentially harmful processes or processes that shouldn’t be running, alerting us in the event of a problem.
- Event Log Monitoring – Event log monitoring allows IdealMSP to monitor the system logs of your devices to identify such things as failed logins, application crashes, disk errors, and more – alerting us in the event that an error is discovered so that we can investigate the problem and provide a solution.
O/S Updates, Patch Management & Software Management provides managed operating system updates and third-party patch management for your systems, making sure that your systems and software have the latest patches to secure your systems and software against potential exploits and vulnerabilities. In addition to patch management, IdealMSP can monitor your systems to ensure that your devices have the software needed for employee productivity, allowing for remote installation or removal of many software titles.
Managed Endpoint Protection provides Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security for every server and workstation providing best-in-class protection for your business-critical assets. Consistently ranked #1 by independent antivirus and security testing labs for protection, performance, and usability, Bitdefender is powered by machine learning algorithms that have been developed and perfected over the last 10+ years. Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security features the following protection and features standard with all CIM endpoints;
- Physical and Virtual Deployments – Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security protects your physical workstations and servers as well as any virtual servers or workstations in your infrastructure.
- Multi-Layered Complete Protection – Your desktops, laptops, and servers are protected with layered security: machine learning, heuristics, signatures, memory protection, and continuous monitoring of running processes, malware blocking, disinfect, quarantine and rollback. Local and Cloud Signatures are used to identify known threats efficiently, while advanced machine learning algorithms developed over 10 years predict and accurately identify unknown threats before they are executed.
- Advanced Anti-Exploit Protection – Exploits are often involved in major ransomware attacks as they hijack legitimate applications to compromise the system. Bitdefender Advanced Anti-Exploit detects unknown file-based or file-less (memory only) exploits by focusing on the attack techniques and using behavioral technologies instead of signatures of known exploits.
- Process Security Monitoring – Bitdefender Process Inspector continuously monitors the running processes for signs of malicious behavior and can block, based on behavior, advanced attacks that have eluded other prevention layers.
- Content Control – With built-in Content Control IdealMSP can block or restrict user access to potentially malicious websites or use categories and schedules to reduce the attack surface and improve productivity. Available to be customized on a per-machine basis, business managers can lock out access to time-wasting websites, including social media, media streaming, auction sites, eCommerce, and more. Plus, protect your business from liability by blocking access to websites promoting illegal activities and other liability creating content.
- Device Control – Often not included with competing solutions, Device Control allows IdealMSP to block or restrict access to certain attachable devices, such as USB’s and optical drives, mitigating the risks of malware being introduced via these devices, or the risk of data loss.
- Web Filtering – Essential in blocking web-borne attacks, web filtering lets IdealMSP block known phishing or other malicious websites and scan unknown URLs, including HTTPS URLs, to identify potential threats.
- Software Firewall with Intrusion Detection – Bitdefender GravityZone Business Security includes a fully-featured two-way software firewall with Intrusion Detection to protect endpoints against potential attacks while inside or outside the network.
Network Monitoring & Asset Management implements a network monitoring solution that monitors your internal network for changes in devices attached to your network. If a new device is attached to your network we get an alert, allowing for IdealMSP to investigate the new device to confirm it belongs in the network, or implement steps to quarantine the device and remove it from the network before it can cause problems. Likewise, should a normally connected device be removed from the network we get an alert and can investigate the situation.
Premium Managed Network Firewall provides for complete network protection ensuring every device is adequately protected from threats from both outside and inside your network. The Untangle Firewall appliance simplifies network security with a single, modular, software platform designed to fit the evolving needs of your business. From content filtering to advanced threat protection, VPN connectivity to application-based shaping for bandwidth optimization, the Untangle Firewall delivers a comprehensive, enterprise-grade network security platform for organizations in any industry.
IT Documentation Portal – every client is provided with a dedicated portal with the documentation for the devices and services provided with CIM service.
Online Support Portal – all clients have access to an online support portal that provides detailed knowledgebase articles, an open forum, and a password-protected support ticketing system that can be used to submit and track support tickets.
For more information about our Core Infrastructure and Security Management services please call or email us today!